The southern border of Arizona remains unsecure with a growing threat from those who detest America in every way and intend to destroy our country. This threat is not simply Mexican drug dealers, although they are posing an ever increasing and violent presence as they move into Arizona, and then launch their activities into 257 known American cities, according to the National Association for Retired Border Patrol Officers. A more ominous threat of the unsecure southern border into the U.S. is the increased activity of Middle Eastern terrorists. Since Oct, 2003, Border Patrol agents in the Tucson, AZ sector apprehended 5,510 illegals from countries other than Mexico, Central or South America.In this Tucson sector, captured illegals were Middle Eastern and spoke Farsi or Arabic. A large number of these that were apprehended escaped capture and disappeared into the United States.
The Arizona desert is littered with evidence of illegals coming from countries that are violently opposed to and stated enemies of America; especially countries like Venezuela, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Libya, Somalia, and the spreading al-Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah. Further evidence demonstrates the growing relationship and cooperation by these terrorist groups and drug cartels, as well as criminal gangs like MS-13.
Much of this activity stems from miles of open borders in Arizona, and the fierce open miles of desert unique to southern Arizona. One cannot fully appreciate, much less understand, the rough and unforgiving regions of desert unless you actually have been there – pictures alone will not suffice. Cartels and gangs have taken up residence on multiple pathways, created desert roadways, mountains and command activity within their dedicated region or sector. With military grade weapons, satellite communications, high powered vision aide, these scouts and small pockets of “soldiers” are becoming increasingly formidable. This aids in the movement of small groups of suspected terrorists through the desert deep into Arizona, and then to a final destination.
FOR YOUR ANALYSIS AND CONSIDERATION
1. The U.S. Congress Committee on Foreign Affairs received testimony on February 2nd, 2012, that demonstrated Iran’s growing influence along the U.S. Border south of Arizona. Michael Braun, a former chief of operations for DEA, testified that Hezbollah has developed strong and sophisticated relationships with Mexican drug cartels. One dimension to this relationship is the control of the southern Border of Arizona, then corridors into every region of America.
2. There is growing “chatter” that Iran will strike the United States from within if Iran’s nuclear program is attacked. Once again, the southern Border of Arizona comes into focus, as a significant corridor for assets hostile to America to travel.
3. Besides Iran and Hezbollah, South American satellite terrorist-sponsoring nations like Cuba, Venezuela, Ecuador, Nicaragua are assisting with the massing and training of terrorists, weapons (including medium-range missiles), logistics and other support. Latin America is quickly becoming a platform from which an attack against the United States can be launched. This includes moving aforesaid terrorist groups, with cooperation from Mexican drug cartels, right up to the border south of Arizona and into Arizona, an activity that was revealed in testimony before the U.S. Congress Committee on Homeland Security, subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence on 7 July 2011.
4. Back in 2005, a captured ranking al-Qaeda agent revealed the plan to move nuclear materials from South America through the border and into America for attacks at a later date. Adnan ash-Shukrijumah, one of the world’s most wanted terrorists, it was learned, was chosen by bin Laden to serve as the field commander for the terrorist attack on U.S. soil. The code name: “The American Hiroshima” plan was affixed. This plan purportedly is to launch simultaneous explosions on American cities. American law enforcement agencies have been seriously looking for Adnan ash-Shukrijumah since 2005. The latest “FBI Most Wanted” reports (1/19/2012) indicate that Shukrijumah is still at large.
5. The Federal Government is proclaiming how border apprehensions are down 40%. This is misleading. What is not being shared with the public is the fact that Fed policy is to count only selected groups and allow others to go free or to turn south back to Mexico counting neither category.
This is a quick overview of just one segment of the multifaceted problems associated with the Arizona Border Wars. Although short, the contents should be alarming concerning the sophisticated and dedicated forces accumulating along Arizona’s Border.
The Federal Government knows all of this, and more. The general public does not. The Federal Government is quite aware the border (both the southern border and that along Canada) is porous in many ways, and true undesirables are streaming across. This briefing is not about the migrant looking for seasonal work, but about the hardened criminal, the dedicated terrorist whose plans are to destroy the United States of America in any manner possible.
Family Security Matters Contributing Editor Lyle J. Rapacki, Ph.D. is a frequent contributor to RFFM.org. Rapacki is private-sector intelligence analyst. The head of SENTINEL INTELLIGENCE SERVICES, LLC, Rapacki receives and disseminates critical intelligence and policy information from and to law enforcement, intelligence and homeland security officials, and government and community leaders; Rapacki is the author of dozens of white papers, bulletins and briefings, and he is frequently called on to share his expertise with public and private security directors and organizations. He serves as a Special Advisor to select members of the Arizona State Senate and House of Representatives on matters of Intelligence and state security.